Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Lee Min Ho Global Fame 2011-2013



In 2011, he played the titular character in action drama City Hunter, which was loosely based on Tsukasa Hojo's popular manga. The drama was a commercial success and contributed to Lee Min-ho's growing popularity, most notably in Japan, Philippines, China and in France. He participated in a popular Chinese variety show Happy Camp in December 2011.

City Hunter Official Poster

Lee Yoon-seung (City Hunter 2011)

Lee Yoon-seung (City Hunter 2011)

Lee Min Ho guesting in Happy Camp (2011)

Lee Min Ho guesting in Happy Camp (2011)

In 2012, Lee starred in historical-medical drama, Faith with Kim Hee-sun. Although the drama garnered viewership ratings around the 10% range, it was a commercial failure due to its high budget.




General Choi Young (Faith 2011)


In April 2013, Lee's wax figure was unveiled at the Madame Tussauds Shanghai. He then released his first album "My Everything" in May 2013 and went on a fan meeting tour in Asia.


Madame Tussauds in Shnaghai 2011

Madame Tussauds in Shanghai 2011

My Everything Album (2013)

My Everything Album (2013)

My Everything Global Tour 2013

My Everything Global Tour 2013

My Everything Global Tour 2013

My Everything Global Tour 2013


Lee also announced his return to television with a new drama titled The Heirs, a teen drama written by Kim Eun-sook. On why he decided to take on the role of a chaebol heir in high school four years after playing one in Boys Over Flowers, he answered "Before I grew past my 20s, I wanted to play a more upbeat character, one that would allow me to return to that feeling of simple, uncomplicated innocence that I had when I was younger." Premiering on October 9, 2013, The Heirs enjoyed immense popularity both locally, with a peak rating of 28.6%, and internationally, having over one billion hits on the Chinese streaming website iQiyi. Lee experienced an increase in his popularity globally.


Kim Tan (The Heirs 2013)

Kim Tan (The Heirs 2013)

Kim Tan (The Heirs 2013)

Kim Tan (The Heirs 2013)

Kim Tan (The Heirs 2013)

Photo credit to the original owner! 

^_^


No comments: